Nature attractions near The Lovat
Unsurprisingly, the rugged Scottish Highlands is home to an abundance of attractions that nature lovers will adore.
And when you stay at The Lovat in Fort Augustus, you’ll find yourself within close travelling distance of some of the best nature attractions in the Highlands, including Loch Ness, Glen Coe and the Isle of Skye.
Book online today or call us on 01456 490000 to find out which nature attractions you can get to easily from our hotel.
- Falls of Foyers - 140ft waterfall that drops into a gorge leading to Loch Ness.
- Glencoe - famed for its majestic mountains and stunning geological formations, as well as the site of a notorious massacre in Scottish history.
- Isle of Skye – a place where time means nothing, and beneath every footstep lies 500 million years of history.
- Glen Affric – often described as the most beautiful glen in Scotland, it stretches for some 30 miles from Kintail in the west to within a couple of miles of Cannich in Strathglass. This area is particularly striking in Autumn.
- Cairngorm Mountain – alight the train to the top and take in the breathtaking views.
- Abriachan Nurseries – a unique, beautiful woodland garden on the shore of Loch Ness.
For more information, call us on 01456 490000 today.
Join our mailing list
Members receive exclusive offers, updates on The Lovat, our latest news and much more.
Our Latest Tweet
Lovely lunch on the Dorchester Penthouse terrace with some great company - thanks!