LET US HELP YOU FIND YOUR WAY
The Lovat is going places and is one of the most exciting hotels in The Highlands. We’re known for our excellent customer service, and our staff are among some of the most passionate and dedicated individuals in the business.
The Reservations Manager is to lead the team, taking responsibility for ensuring the delivery of high standards of service within: the front and back office.
It is important that the Reservations Manager contributes to the hotel’s strategic planning activities, taking an active role in driving Reservations sales, effectively marketing the hotel calendar of events and special offers as well as ensuring the Reservations team are inspired to achieve up-selling targets.
The Reservations manager will contribute to the smooth & efficient running of the department by applying skills & attributes to all areas that require involvement.
- Knowledge of all aspects of Reservations, Travel Agents, Weddings/Events and Corporate
- Track record of developing and managing the Reservations effectively in the hotel and leisure sector
- Understanding of sustainability and green tourism
- The requirements of operating a department where interface with the local community is a key consideration to engender the support and patronage of the local market
- Detailed knowledge of all facets of Reservations management to include man management, financial management, sales & marketing, and operations
- Understanding of IT and its applications in a hotel environment
- Understanding of allergens
- Reservations management techniques including man management, financial management and sales management
- Ability to strategise and see the bigger picture
- Recruitment and selection with training, developing and coaching of the team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Problem solving and effective decision-making
- Ability to read and interpret financial management accounts to include P&L
- Man/team management and leadership and motivation of others
- Ability to interface easily and naturally with guests of all types
- Department planning to effect results, identifying sales opportunities across the department, and to be able to spot new department opportunities when they arise
- Organisation, personal planning, scheduling and conducting meetings of all types
- Management of a department at a 4 Star level
- Profit and operational responsibility for a privately owned department
- Operating in a local, national and international context
- Managing teams of people in a hotel environment
- Financial responsibility for targets and budgets and delivery
- Building teams successfully and leading winning teams
- Cost comparisons and working with suppliers
- People development
- Planning and organising
- Analytical thinking
The candidate must:
- support the hotel team;
- have drive, ambition and an open mind to develop and acquire new skills;
- be motivated and confident with personal and professional integrity;
- have at least 1 years’ experience in a similar environment; and
- have a strong command of the English language
- live in accommodation available
- Staff Discount
Anytime you have a meal in the Brasserie, you are entitled to 25% off your meal bill
- Collect Hearts
At any given time, a colleague can nominate you for a heart if they feel you deserve it! For every 5 hearts that you receive, you can enjoy a bottle of Prosecco/wine or a table for 2 people for a 2-course meal in the Brasserie within 1 month of the nomination.
There are opportunities to apply for SVQ & NVQ Hospitality Qualifications for full-time employees committed to working at least 1 year. Also over the winter – offsite training and stages can be organised at your review
The hotel’s information and courses like staff policies, fire safety, food safety etc. are available on The Lovat ELamb training portal. You’ll also see the upcoming courses and can request to attend them if interested. You’ll receive notifications about new courses via e-mail. You’ll get access to create your account once working at The Lovat, Loch Ness.
- Local Benefits
The Lovat works closely with local businesses so that employees benefit from discounts
Apply by sending your resume and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org