LET US HELP YOU FIND YOUR WAY
The Lovat is going places and is one of the most exciting hotels in The Highlands. We’re known for our excellent customer service, and our staff are among some of the most passionate and dedicated individuals in the business.
Sous Chef/Head Chef
Salary: £28,000.00 to £35,000.00 /year
Assist the Executive Chef (Sean Kelly) with the management of the kitchen brigade, its supplies and its production of food, assisting with supplier development. To effectively & efficiently second manage the kitchen: keeping cost & waste controls as well as a 72% GP. Assist with maintaining a consistent standard for breakfast, lunch and dinner in the restaurant.. Assist with event planning & menu design. Contribute to ensuring the highest level of hygiene over and above statutory requirements. Maintain a productive and motivated brigade. Ensure that the kitchen runs efficiently in the Chef’s absence.
Job Type / Category
28 bedroom eco-conscious hotel in the heart of the Highlands, close to Loch Ness and the surrounding attractions – eg. Ben Nevis, Isle of Skye and Inverness. The Lovat Loch Ness offers a unique dining experience for residents and non residents in the Brasserie as well as catering for private events.
Straight or split shifts, 5 days a week, 45hr contract with hours given back in lieu, meals on duty, tips and other hotel based incentive and discount benefits in addition to excellent training and development opportunities. Live out accommodation available in a local flat, including all amenities and WIFI at £365.00 per month.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Must be a good second manager
- Must have had at least 2 year’s Junior Sous or Sous Chef experience at a minimum 2 rosette level
- Advantageous to have had some 3 rosette or Michelin experience
- Must be able to handle responsibility & uphold whatever standard is set
- Aware of current trends & fashions
- Must be creative
- Must have a good level of knowledge of all sections of the kitchen
- Must be enthusiastic
- Must have a mature professional attitude
- Must have excellent attention to detail
- Must be hands on
- Must be a good communicator
- Must be customer focused at all times
- Must be quality driven
- Should be able to multi-task
- Should have relevant hygiene, health & safety training
- Must be able to listen, take orders, directions & take criticism
- Must be willing to learn
- Must be actively keen to enhance their personal development
- Must be ambitious
- Must set an example to the rest of the team
Employee of the Month
- Each month, the Heads of Department decide, who out of the team has been exceptional, rewarding someone who performs over & above their job description, be it through guest recognition, ideas to add real value to the business, increased sales, savings on costs &/ any other special recognition that we deem worthy of extra reward
Staff Member Recognition
- During the season, any superstar employee nominated at the staff meeting will be rewarded with a £30.00 gift voucher. This employee will be nominated by you
Friends & Family
- Every 3 months, from the start of your employment, you are entitled to 1 free hotel room night, bed and breakfast. These can be accumulated and used consecutively so by the end of that year you will have a maximum of 4 room nights. These are not carried over to the following year
- Every 3 months, you are entitled to one main meal for 2 people in the Brasserie
- Every 6 months of service, you are entitled to a 50% discount on your meal bill in the Brasserie, within 1 month of your employment start date
Five Years at The Lovat
- Every 5 years of service, you are entitled to an extra two days holiday per year
- Staff Discount
Anytime you have a meal in the Brasserie, you are entitled to 25% off your meal bill
- Collect Hearts
At any given time, a colleague can nominate you for a heart if they feel you deserve it! For every 5 hearts that you receive, you can enjoy a bottle of Prosecco/wine or a table for 2 people for a 2-course meal in the Brasserie within 1 month of the nomination.
There are opportunities to apply for SVQ & NVQ Hospitality Qualifications for full-time employees committed to working at least 1 year. Also over the winter – offsite training and stages can be organised at your review
The hotel’s information and courses like staff policies, fire safety, food safety etc. are available on The Lovat ELamb training portal. You’ll also see the upcoming courses and can request to attend them if interested. You’ll receive notifications about new courses via e-mail. You’ll get access to create your account once working at The Lovat, Loch Ness.
- Local Benefits
The Lovat works closely with local businesses so that employees benefit from discounts
Apply by sending your resume and application letter to email@example.com