Green tips that could make a real difference
It’s important for businesses and individuals to do their bit to help combat climate change and reduce their carbon footprint.
At The Lovat, we’ve developed a focused eco-friendly policy that we’re refining every day. Want to know how you can help? Read our tips below for advice on how to lead a greener life.
Call us on 01456 490000 to find out how we’re lowering our carbon footprint, or book a room at our eco-friendly hotel online.
We suggest that you follow these tips when you stay at The Lovat, as well as in your own home.
- Only boil as much water as you need when you put the kettle on – jug-type kettles need less water as they have smaller elements
- Don’t leave the TV and video (and other appliances) in standby mode and remember not to leave them on to charge unnecessarily.
- Don’t waste energy – turn your thermostat down by 1°C. This could cut your home heating bills by up to 10%.
- Curtains: close your curtains at dusk to stop heat escaping through the windows.
- Taps: in just one day, a dripping hot water tap can waste energy and enough water to fill a bath. Make sure they’re off.
- Take a shower rather than use the bath. An ordinary shower uses only two-fifths of the water needed for a bath.
- Don’t buy products with excessive amounts of packaging and, where possible, choose products with re-usable containers
- Take your own bag or re-use plastic carriers when shopping
- Use public transport, cycle or walk rather than using a car
- Don’t travel by air if you can avoid it – air travel uses up large amounts of fossil fuels and creates greenhouse gases which cause climate change
- Recycle your newspapers, cans, bottles and plastic containers if you cannot re-use them yourself
- Recycle electrical equipment, especially batteries
- Avoid food and drink from distant countries and support more local produce – think of the energy used to transport it here!
Join our mailing list
Members receive exclusive offers, updates on The Lovat, our latest news and much more.
Our Latest Tweet
the perfect gentleman with hilarious humour...www.peterhancock.org.uk