ScotBeer – Walking Beer and Brewery Tours – Edinburgh and Glasgow
Scotland has a strong reputation in both Food, Drink and Tourism and whilst most people associate Scotland with it’s whisky, most people are unaware that actually Scotland was exporting beer at least 200 years before whisky.
In February 2019, The Lovat team had the pleasure of looking after the ScotBeer crew for 2 nights, enjoying a tasting menu from Sean and in return they led us on a tour of taste, smells, flavours, history and memories to evoke a unique understanding of brewing, beer and our behaviour to this lovely liquor!
Brewcations and beer related travel are a growing market and Scot Beer Tours is promoting Scotland as a beer tourism destination.
“Escape the tourist and festival crowds and join us down at the Shore to hear the story of Scotland transformation from port to Trainspotting inspiration and onto today’s thriving food, drink and arts scene. Hear stories of the characters who created Scotland’s largest city and laid the ground work for it to become the largest exporter of bottled beer in the world all while enjoying a beer from Scotland’s award winning breweries.”
What Scotbeer offers:
- Walking tour exploring the Old Town and Southside of Edinburgh or as brewers know it, the “Charmed Circle”
- Discover the history of Edinburgh through beer from the 1100’s right up to today’s thriving craft beer scene
- Sample 8 Scottish beers with expert locals
- Walking tour exploring Leith’s shore, historic brewing quarter and newest craft food and drink venues
- Visit unique venues (some with exclusive access just for ScotBeer guests)
- Sample award winning Scottish beer from Leith’s breweries and beyond
- Microbrewery tour at Barney’s Beer, Summerhall
Stay in either Edinburgh or Glasgow on your arrival into Scotland and book one of these tours, then meander up through Glencoe (A82) or through Pitlochry (A9) to take in the great sights of Loch Ness. Then of course, sample some of our great beers, wines, cocktails and whiskies in our Waypoint Bar when you next stay at the Lovat. We look forward to welcoming you.